The Process of Andre DefreitasIllustration // Tuesday, 27 Mar 2012
So, here’s a quick breakdown of what my illustration process is.
1. I start on a piece of paper, and start doodling around until I get a basic idea of what I want.
2. I scan my drawing and bring it into photoshop to clean up the lineart.
3. I cry for like a half hour until I finally come up with the color palette I’ll use. My brain is pretty much monochromatic. This is the part I hate most.
3.2. Once I find the ideal color palette, I get distracted with anything. For example, today I watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie from the 90’s.
4. I finally go back to my drawing and paint basic shadows.
5. I add basic highlights.
5.1. I get distracted again. (Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
6. I paint the final details.
7. I add textures and other details.
Time: 2-4 hours.